This is a restricted access wiki - only some pages may be viewed.
Orbs - UAP
- 1 overview
- 2 2021-09-22
- 3 2021-09-22
- 4 2021-09-20
- 5 2021-09-14
- 6 2021-09-09
- 7 2021-09-08
- 8 2021-08-29
- 9 2021-08-20
- 10 2021-08-19
- 11 2021-08-18
- 12 2021-08-17
- 13 2021-08-16
- 14 2021-08-15
- 15 2021-08-14
- 16 2012-08-13
- 17 light on eaves
- 18 explanation
- 19 bibliography
Strange orb-like artefacts have been recorded for a few mornings now over a few weeks, ever since the camera was installed.
The artefacts are about the same size and support the hypothesis that they are caused by back reflections of something walking across the flat face of the camera lens. One could suspect that they may be water droplets on the lens but it doesn't happen on the other camera on the garage, just the back-door camera which is mounted underneath the eaves. They seem to appear when there is little discernible wind, except for media:2021-08-04T02-18-19.mp4, which was quite bright and reversed course making it unlikely to be wind blowing a droplet on the lens.
I was thinking they are close to the camera lens because they are fairly large, a relatively constant size, and translucent being out of focus, however, they do not seem to be flying insects as there appears to be no movement internally in the artefact and they move way too slow and gracefully as though they are floating, walking or sliding along the flat glass covering the lens.
I have taken to periodically reviewing the camera and saving interesting footage:
A big spider in the tree caused the camera to move off target - lol media:tree-2022-04-22T04-40-56.mp4
- media:2021-09-27T03-53-26.mp4 - a spider
Victoria had an ML5.8 earthquake this morning (see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richter_magnitude_scale), which was felt all the way to Gosford, so I decided to check the cameras.
- nothing on this video media:2021-09-22T09-15-01.mp4
- a funny electrical interference type sound on media:2021-09-22T09-27-22.mp4 appearing around 9h 28m 40s
The noise on the house camera appeared at 09h 28m 40s => 34120 S since midnight. The earthquake occurred at 09h 15m 54s => 33355 S since midnight.
Delay is 766 S => 12 m 46 S Distance is 300 km approx. Propagation is 0.39 kms / second. (S-waves travel at 760m / S; so this is too slow to be an S-wave).
There was no visible shaking caught on any camera in the time-frame between the event and the last recording. The recon camera was not triggered.
My camera times are syncrhonized with my teir-0 GPS NTP servers.
- rat media:2021-09-20T01-53-57.mp4
- rat media:2021-09-20T01-55-57.mp4 (the best one)
- orb media:2021-09-20T02-11-04.mp4 (right at the end)
- momentus media:2021-09-14T21-27-58.mp4
The transformer service fuse for the entire street blew with such a bright flash, followed with a pile of ash floating in the air and was sensed by motion detection making some great footage.
Note that my UPS kept my network and security processors working when the power was cut-off by the three phase 11 kV service fuses blowing! All three were dangling off the wires going to the transformer on the other side of our fence. My wife came screaming asking what was that. Because I have experience this several times in my life at various places I said it was the service fuses blowing and I was right. We were without mains power for about 3 hours. My wife and I were watching Internet TV in the dark because all my IT essential infrastructure is on a UPS and there is a battery driven super-node converter supplying us with VDSL behind our back-fence connected to my ISP via optical fibre. Our UPS now has over 9 hours of standby power because I upgraded it since this incident.
- insects? media:2021-09-09T05-49-00.mp4
- steam media:2021-09-08T05-04-03.mp4 from the central heating
Check out this little orb
Check out the backscatter artefacts from the spider web flapping in the breeze. It is time to clean the camera lens again.
- media:2021-08-19T02-11-27.mp4 this orb first appears near the laundry window and additional internal reflections are visible as it leaves on the top left of the frame.
- media:2021-08-18T03-34-58.mp4 an orb. Note that these do not reflect in the window glass, so in my opinion they are back-scatter on the camera lens.
- media:2021-08-18T01-40-47.mp4 a possum and a spider dangling from the eaves.
- media:2021-08-17T00-53-58.mp4 possum walking on the ground towards the tree (spotted this after the previous video)
- media:2021-08-17T01-30-18.mp4 a possum in the bushes
This was not the typical orb as seen other mornings. It looks more like an insect artefact.
- media:2021-08-16T02-47-52.mp4 strafed by something that was moving quite fast and the camera captured it in two consecutive frames running 10fps
Estimated distance traveled 2m in 0.2 seconds which is 10 m/s or 36 kph ! Even if we say it flew 1m in 0.2 seconds we get 18 kph. A swallow flies at 38.6 kph, and a typical bat max of 38.6 kph, and the fastest bat (Brazil) 159 kph - refer to https://www.squirrelsatthefeeder.com/how-fast-and-high-do-bats-fly/
It appears to have wings because it's got characteristics of the "rods" that people photograph. It appears to have performed 6 beats in 0.1 seconds or 60bps.
So who knows what is was?
The orbs are still occurring, though not as frequently; so I have to put it down to a spider?
- media:2021-08-15T21-05-33.mp4 if this is a spider or insect there probably has to be two of them
The only definitive way to isolate this is to probably place another camera that can see the cover-plate of the house web-cam and take a snapshot when the house camera is triggered.
We lost power tonight due to linesman repairing a link to the service fuse which had a hot joint that was just sitting in the connector. Just maybe this was causing the "light" source that was hitting the lens cover of the web-cam and generating infra-red back-reflection over these past mornings? We will see if there are any more orbs after this repair.
No, we still have an incident but only one. Note I cleaned all the spider webs off the eaves and the camera lens. Now the artefact that used to appear in a static position in the bottom left corner is gone:
Note: I cannot see a reflection of this orb in the window when it goes past the railing, further confirming that it is back-scatter from something close to the lens, if not actually on the flat cover plate covering the lens.
I wonder if this is plasma or heat being launched from the 11 kV power transformer - who knows?
- media:reco-2021-08-12T07-59-50.mp4 - visitors leaving
- media:2021-08-11T13-03-02.mp4 The towel goes flying
- media:2021-08-11T03-06-45.mp4 check this one out - half way through
- media:2021-08-11T01-24-05.mp4 this orb is leaving (near the end)
- media:2021-08-11T01-14-12.mp4 bug and an orb?
- media:2021-08-11T00-56-42.mp4 sprite or bug?
- media:2021-08-11T00-40-11.mp4 sprite or bug walking on the eaves?
- media:2021-08-11T00-32-18.mp4 flying spider, sprite or bug and an orb as well?
- media:2021-08-11T00-30-00.mp4 bug or sprite drops from ceiling and looks like it is on a thread but then it flies and changes, and there is an orb too
- media:2021-08-10T06-21-03.mp4 a late morning one, after sunrise on a foggy day.
- media:2021-08-04T02-18-19.mp4 check this one out: it came to the door, paused and reversed.
light on eaves
Since the artefacts are always the same size, this supports my hypothesis that they are caused by back-scatter of something that is walking the lens face. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Backscatter_(photography)